As Summer is coming to a close and the kids will soon be heading back to school, I wanted to share with you some of my go-to tips on making mornings manageable around our house!
This school year is going to be a little different for us around here, for one of two reasons: 1. both kids will be in school full time and 2. the divorce. Despite the last one, I have no worries about getting a good routine set into place, making our mornings less hectic! So here’s what works for our family (in no specific order 😉 )
- Allowing enough time for all the morning activities! i.e. breakfast, gathering lunch, making sure book bag is packed, brushing teeth, getting dressed, etc.
- In addition to #1, packing lunch the night before eliminates the hassle the morning of!
- Check homework the night before and have book bag ready to go for the morning!
- A good nights rest!!! How important is this one? Super!! Set a decent bedtime and stick to it each night.
- Having a delegated spot for book bags, shoes, jackets, etc. for easy access in the mornings. I have a coat rack for the kids book bags and jackets, and a large basket for shoes. No excuses for missing shoes, when they’re all right there!
I teamed up with Wayfair.com to share some of my favorite items that would be ideal for creating a go-to space in the mornings (and keeping things organized!). I chose simple items that fit my farmhouse style!
Aren’t these simple items just adorable? They’re sure to create an inviting place for the kids to get ready for school in the morning! So, I would like to know: what makes your mornings more manageable?