How important is a good nights sleep to you? It’s pretty darn important (and necessary) for me! Well today I have the pleasure of sharing with you 5 tips to creating a tranquil bedroom! You’ll be sleeping better in no time 😉
I know what you’re thinking… does she really keep that cute little green plant on her bed? The answer is NO (shocker, I know!), but it sure makes for a pretty picture, doesn’t it 😉 Anyways, on a serious note, lets get to those tips for creating a tranquil bedroom!
tran-quil / adjective: free from disturbance; calm.
1. Lighting is everything! One of the things I love about our room is all the natural light that seeps in when the blinds are open; however, when they’re closed not an ounce of light shows. That is important! I have trouble sleeping with even the smallest bit of light now. It does make a difference! There are wonderful blackout blinds or curtains out there that can also help with that!
2. Candles! I love relaxing next to candlelight and seemingly, it calms me down. Opt for refreshing, airy scents that make you feel relaxed, such as: lavender, pine, vanilla, peppermint, cinnamon, jasmine, apples and chamomile just to name a few!
3. Fresh flowers or greenery! This may simply only work for me, but if you’re a flower lover too, then it’s worth a shot! Not only does it brighten up your space, it brings a little life into it! Anytime I have fresh flowers in a room, I relish in their beauty and smile inside, even if just walking by.
4. NO TV!! I am a firm believer in this one! I haven’t had a tv in my bedroom since I was in high school and there’s good reason… It is a horrible distraction! Neither of my children have tv’s in their rooms either, and it will stay that way!
5. Cozy linens! I look forward to getting into my crisp, cool sheets every night! I love the feeling of the cold sheets against my skin. Our sheets are cotton which is light and airy, making them breathable and comfy. Whether for a nap, or if you’re naturally a cold person, keep a soft, fuzzy blanket around! It immediately makes your space feel warm and inviting and perfect for warming you up at any time.
Sharing this post on these blogs!
Affiliate links provided for your convenience!