Last year I did a fun December Fun Jar with the kids, this year I decided to re-vamp it a little! I used the same concept but added some presents in the mix. Starting today ( December 1st) my kids will open either a present or envelope with a fun activity until Christmas day! It’s a fun way to celebrate the Holiday season, as well as learn about the true meaning of Christmas, Christ!
So here’s a breakdown of what I did:
1. Christmas movie
2. Christmas coloring book
3. Check out Christmas books at the Library
4. Visit the Zoo
5. Gingerbread train kit
6. Christmas craft
7. Eat candy canes!
8. Gather unwanted toys to donate
9. Write letters to Santa and take to Macys
10. Wrap presents
11. Make Reindeer food (recipe here!)
12. Drive around and look at Christmas lights
13. Build a snowman (hope there’s snow!!)
14. Christmas movie
15. Random act of kindness for the day!
16. Sing Christmas songs!
17. Pick out and buy family ornament of the year!
18. Bible Verse- Luke 1:39-45
19. Bible Verse- Luke 1:46-56
20. Bible Verse- Luke 1:57-66
21. Bible Verse- Luke 1:67-80
22. Visit Reindeer Farm
23. Enjoy a nice cup of hot chocolate
24. Make Christmas cookies
25. Rejoice in the Lord! Spend the day with family 🙂
I pre-assigned each gift and numbered it (makes it a little easier so I know what to expect!). Pick fun activities or gifts your family can enjoy together, the entire Holiday season!