Happy Friday beautiful friends! This was intended to be last week’s Friday Favorites, but there has not been enough hours in the days to get things finished up! We had a big show & I just didn’t have the time. This weekend we have all of our littles & we are going on our annual trip to one of our very favorite pumpkin patches! Do you have any special plans this weekend? [Read more…]
I’m sure you’ve heard me say it before, but as soon as the kids head back-to-school, my heart’s already set on decorating for Fall! I know, I know… some of you may think I’m crazy & that’s ok ☺️ Don’t judge, but I’ve already had a pumpkin spice latte too! Basic.
All jokes aside, I wanted to share with you my simple, neutral early Fall mantel today! It’s a super simple introduction to what my Fall decor will be. It includes fun textures & cozy elements!
Welcome to Friday Favorites #56! How excited are you that it’s finally the weekend? I’m not going to lie, this week went by really fast for me! I’m not mad about it one bit, because this weekend is our September Market at our storefront!! Today & tomorrow from 12-5 pm, if you’re a Columbus local, come out & shop! The store is full of amazing things & so many new goodies for Fall!!
Since you’re here today, I’m sure you’re anxious to see what this weeks inspiration is… It’s none other than simple Fall decor! Monday, I’ll be sharing our simple, early Fall mantel design, so be sure to stop back by for that!
Hey there gorgeous! Welcome to Friday Favorites #55! On this beautiful Friday, you will find us soaking up the sun & enjoying live country music at a local music festival, Country Jam held at Legend Valley! Sometimes the best medicine for the soul is live music, the one you love by your side & not a care in the world! I hope that you have something exciting planned for the weekend! Whether it be set plans or just a date with the DVR ☺️
You know Friday’s around here is where I get the chance to share a little snippet of what’s inspired me for the week! This week is none other than farmhouse- style! [Read more…]
Happy Friday & welcome to Friday Favorites #54! Thank you for stopping by & starting your weekend out with me! Tomorrow, weather permitting, we’re taking the kids apple picking at a local orchard! It’s one of our favorite family traditions to bring in my favorite season, Fall! I know, some people aren’t ready to let go of summer just yet, but this girl is anxiously awaiting my favorite season!
This week I want to share with you what makes my heart go pitter-patter, antiques! I have been completely mesmerized by some of the prettiest finds this week!
Hello beautiful & welcome to Friday Favorites #53! Friday’s around Farmhouse Chic call for a weekly gathering of what’s inspired me the most for the week! This week I will be sharing a collection of things sure to inspire you too!
Do you have any exciting plans for the weekend? We are getting back into school mode at our house! The kids start school Monday! I have to say, I’m ready! I will miss them dearly, but I’m ready for more structure in their schedule & a little more ME time! Selfish? I don’t mean to sound so, but I have a lot of things to keep me busy around the house & business that I just haven’t be able to tend to 100% this Summer. I’m excited for them to make new friends & learn new things!
As we make the transition from late Summer, all I can think about is Fall! Call me crazy, but these inspirations will make the transition into Fall a smooth one! [Read more…]
Friday Favorites #52 is about-to-go-down! It’s Friday friends!!! Woohoo! Do you have any exciting plans for the weekend? Nothing pressing on the agenda for me & my littles! We’re going to enjoy these last couple of weekends before school starts back up!
Since you’re here, you know every Friday I share what’s inspired me for the week as I pin on Pinterest! This week it has been classic farmhouse charm! Come get inspired with me!
This post was sponsored by Grove Collaborative. All opinions are my own.
Back to School Organization with Grove Collaborative
Tell me I’m not the only one…. One day you’re sleeping in & staying up late, then suddenly the first day of school is right around the corner!
When life gets busy, you need a way to keep your home organized & healthy while you’re running to open houses & after school activities, packing lunches, & helping with homework.
Let me introduce you to my secret weapon: Grove Collaborative! Grove makes creating a healthy, beautiful home effortless & affordable. They deliver the best natural products (carbon offset) right to your doorstep, on your schedule. Grove has you covered for all your cleaning & organization needs as you head into back-to-school season.
First, grab this free Mrs. Meyer’s trio + hand sanitizer spray + walnut scrubber sponges with your first order of $20 from Grove Collaborative when you use my link (affiliate link). As an added bonus, you’ll get a free Grove enamel caddy when you spend $39 or more!
If you’re already a customer, you’ll get a free set of Grove walnut scrubber sponges. They work equally well for doing dishes or cleaning up after at-home science experiments.
Then follow my stress-free tips to stay organized and healthy as we head into fall:
- Back to school means lots of germs! I like to throw a bottle Grove Collaborative hand sanitizer spray in each of my kids’ backpacks so they can clean up before lunch or snack time. I also keep one in the car so they can disinfect their hands after school.
- Of course, hand washing is the best way to keep from getting sick — but how do you convince a rambunctious second grader to wash for the recommended 20 seconds? Here’s a trick that works in my home: My kids each get to pick out a bottle of Mrs. Meyer’s hand soap in a favorite scent. It smells so good, I practically have to drag them away from the sink! They especially love the basil & lemon verbena scents.
- Teachers spend so much money out-of-pocket on classroom supplies, so donations of disinfecting wipes & tissues are always appreciated. I’m adding a few containers of Seventh Generation disinfecting multi-surface wipes & several boxes of Seedling tissues to my Grove order to send in to my kids’ classrooms.
- Don’t forget back-to-school teacher gifts, too! This free Mrs. Meyer’s trio is beautiful, but also totally practical for a busy teacher.
- The first question when my kids get home is always, “Hey mom, what’s for snack?”. This year, I’m keeping a drawer in the fridge stocked with grab-and-go snacks like cut up fruit, hard-boiled eggs, cheese sticks, & veggies & hummus so my kids can help themselves to something healthy. Grove reusable storage bags are a great way to store individual portions because they’re durable, easy to clean, & won’t leak all over the fridge!
- When things get hectic, multi-tasking cleaning supplies are a must. I love Mrs. Meyer’s multi-surface spray because I can walk around the entire house & clean countertops, floors, toys, & even sticky lunchboxes with just one bottle.
- Getting kids to sit down & focus on homework is hard enough without having to rummage through the junk drawer for a pencil sharpener. To streamline homework time, I created a “homework station” by filling a caddy with supplies like pencils, sharpeners, tape, glue, crayons, colored pencils, & a stapler. Don’t forget, when you spend $39 or more, you’ll get a free Grove enamel caddy with your order!
- One of my biggest challenges is keeping the kids busy while I cook dinner without plopping them in front of a screen. Lately, they’ve been loving dry erase markers and whiteboards. I have them write a pretend shopping list, draw, or practice spelling words or math facts. When they’re done, they can clean the boards with Grove all-purpose concentrate & a microfiber!
- If your house is like mine, dishes seem to multiply when you’re not looking. Fortunately, Mrs. Meyer’s dish soap & Grove walnut scrubber sponges make quick work of greasy pans, crockpots, & lunch containers.
- School supplies can take a big chunk out of your budget. Grove Collaborative is a great way to save on back-to-school household & personal care products like tissues, hand sanitizer, & vitamins. I find that items are less expensive than our local grocery store, & you can often score free products with a minimum purchase. Plus, once you’ve submitted your first order, you’ll be signed up for the free 60 day VIP trial. For 60 days, you’ll save even more with free shipping, free gifts, price matching, exclusive sales & personal service.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for Grove Collaborative here (affiliate link). You will receive the T2 August 18 Offer: Back to School for free when you sign up!
- To receive this offer, your order needs to be a minimum of $20. Choose the combination of products & scents you love & receive your first box within a few days. Plus, you’ll receive a free Grove enamel caddy when you spend $39 or more!
- You made it! Click Finish & Pay and place your order
Friday Favorites #51 is the best way to kick off your Friday, am I right? ☺️ Ok, ok… Maybe that’s a bit extreme. It may not be the best way to kick off your Friday, but it’s a darn good one & I’m sure glad to have you here!
This weekend we are hosting our August Market at our storefront! What a fun few days that always is! It’s so much fun meeting new people, hearing their stories & getting to know them! Not to mention, sitting in my little slice of heaven & decorating for a few days! If you’re a Columbus local, please stop out! We would love to meet you & have you shop our store!
So, if you’re here you know Friday Favorites is where I share a snippet of what’s inspired me for the week, so let’s get to it!
A question we seem to get often is how we got started, so that brings us to the beginning of Farmhouse Chic….
I started this sweet little blog of mine in 2010! Long before the days of Pinterest or before anyone knew who Chip & Jojo were! It was my little spot where I could share my daily inspirations! It was like my own clip board that I was sharing with anyone willing to look & listen! As time went on & life happened, we purchased our first home. This is where I really began to get a passion for creating & began to find out what my interior design preference really was.
Fast- forward a bit to about 2015. This was my first year branching out & taking part in a local barn sale. I had a collection of vintage/ antiques & hand-made items. I was just beginning to create my own farmhouse signs at this point. I had a successful first show & it left me eager to work even harder for the next show. I signed up to take part in the next barn sale she was having, which would of been June 2016. Little did I know, during the coming months, my life was about to change.
I ended up getting a divorce & really questioned if this was going to be the end of Farmhouse Chic. By the grace of God, I met an amazing man who had recently gone through what I had just gone through. We began to date & not long after, we began creating some of our very own pieces together! He enjoyed wood-working & was the brains behind my visions! We did our first show together in Fall of 2016. Since then, we have done almost a dozen shows together & keep working hard to make Farmhouse Chic better each time!
We always seemed to get the question: “Do you have a store?”. Always responding “no” seemingly left me feeling bleak. People were interested in our products & the style that we were offering! The mere thoughts of them wanting to shop our items from a store was beyond exciting! That brought us to seriously considering the thoughts. After a lot of contemplating the pros & cons of opening our own brick & mortar storefront, we decided to go for it! [Read more…]